Open topic with navigation
This strategy is designed to achieve or outperform the bid/ask midpoint price at the time the order is submitted, taking into account the user-assigned level of market risk which defines the pace of the execution, and the user-defined target percent of volume.
To create an Arrival Price algo
1. Set up the order in the Mosaic Order Entry panel.
2. From the LMT type field, select IBALGO and then select Arrival Price.
3. Complete the algo parameters and click Submit to send the order.
- Max Percentage - enter a max percentage of the average daily volume from 1% to 50%.
- Urgency/Risk Aversion - select from the most aggressive Get Done to the least aggressive Passive. This value determines the pace at which the order will be executed. High urgency may result in greater market impact.
- Start time/End time - change the default times at which the submitted order will start to work and be canceled using the Start/End Time fields. The End Time supersedes the time in force. Note that the algo will stop at the designated end time regardless of whether the entire quantity has filled unless you check Allow trading past end time.
- Allow trading past end time - if checked, the algo will attempt completion by the specified end time, but will continue to work past the end time to execute any unfilled portion. This feature only applies when an End Time has been specified.
- Attempt completion by EOD - if checked your order will be execute by the end of day if possible. Please note that a portion of your order may be left un-executed if the risk of the price changing overnight is less than the extra cost of executing the whole order today regardless of whether the EOD box is checked.