Open topic with navigation
Save a Chart Layout as a Template
You can reuse the layout of a favorite chart by saving the chart as a template and then reapplying the template to other contracts.
To create a chart template
- Create a real-time chart or group of charts with all parameters defined.
- On the chart's File menu, select Save Chart Template.
- Give the template a descriptive name by replacing "untitled" in the Template File field with a chart name.
Note: In cases where you are saving a template with more than one chart, click the Advanced button to specify which chart is Replaceable when you open the template. You must have at least one chart labeled “Replaceable.”
- Click OK to save the template.
To use a template to create a new chart
- On the chart's File menu, select Open Chart Template.
- Select the chart template you want to open from the Template File list, or use the Browse button to find the template you want to use.
- Enter new contracts by entering the underlying symbol in the Underlying field
- Click OK to see the new chart based on your saved template.