Open topic with navigation
Book Data Panel
The Book Data Panel displays both Level I and Level II subscription and non-subscription quotes on either side of a real-time, configurable chart. Click a button to add data from a market center the book data panel.
- To add data, click a market center button. Bids are displayed to the left of the chart, asks to the right.
- See your own order highlighted in the depth by checking Show pending orders in the book on the ISW Configuration Settings page.
- When you click a bid/ask price from the Book Data components, the price data is reflected in the Order Entry Panel order line, from which you transmit orders.
- Modify the chart parameters using the Chart menu. Select Chart Parameters to change the time period, bar intervals and other data options.
- If you elect to display the Others button, click it to include Level I data from market centers that don’t offer Level II data, market centers to which you don’t hold Level II subscriptions, and subscribed exchanges whose buttons are not currently selected. Show or hide the “Others” button from the Deep Book Buttons section of the Settings page.
- The number of deep book data windows that you can display at one time (including BookTrader, ISW and Market Depth) is equal to 1 for every 100 allowed lines of market data, with a minimum of three and a maximum of 30. Market data allowance is based on commissions, available equity and other criteria. So a client with the minimum allowance of 100 lines of market data will be able to open 3 deep book windows. A client with an allowance of 500 lines of market data will be able to open 5 unique deep book windows . For details on how market data allowances are calculated, see the Market Data and News overview page on the IB website.
- When subscription deep book data is at its window limit, additional windows will display aggregated top level data, and the Deep Button panel will be hidden.