Open topic with navigation
Manual Ticket Entry
You can enter manual tickets from the Blotter by typing an underlying or contract symbol in the Underlying field of the Manual Ticket Entry panel. You can also enable ticket entry from other TWS windows, or add tickets to the Manual Ticket Entry panel from the right-click menu on a market data line.
To enter a manual ticket from the Blotter
- Enter the underlying symbol in the Contract field, and hit Enter.
- Use the Contract Selection list and Contract Selection box to define the contract.
- In the Account field, select the beneficial account for the order. Select the Action (BUY or SELL), the Quantity and the order Type (Limit or Market for the parent order).
- Click Add to put the order into the Tickets panel.
If you know the contract symbol you can enter a ticket quickly using symbol shorthand.
To enter a ticket using symbol entry
- In the Underlying field, enter the contract symbol and routing choice as: symbol#routing
You can also instruct TWS to create blotter tickets for orders you initiate on other TWS windows.
To enable ticket entry from other TWS windows
- From the Edit menu select Global Configuration.
- In the left pane, select Orders.
- In the right pane, check Create ticket for all orders.
Checking this feature tells TWSto send all of your orders to the Blotter for order management, regardless of the window from which the order originated.
To create a manual ticket entry from the right-click menu in another window
- Select the market data line for which you want to create a ticket.
- From the right-click menu, select Trading Tools and then select Blotter.
The Manual Ticket Entry panel of the Blotter now displays the contract.