Open topic with navigation
Create an order at any price, including the best bid and ask, with a single click in the BookTrader price ladder. BookTrader displays as a separate window for whichever contract you select. It shows a series of prices above and below the best bid and ask in the price ladder.
To open BookTrader
- Select a contract on the trading page.
- Right click and select Trading Tools, then select BookTrader.
Orders transmitted from BookTrader are displayed on the Pending page and in the Orders panel of the BookTrader.
- The number of deep book data windows that you can display at one time (including BookTrader, ISW and Market Depth) is equal to 1 for every 100 allowed lines of market data, with a minimum of three and a maximum of 30. Market data allowance is based on commissions, available equity and other criteria. So a client with the minimum allowance of 100 lines of market data will be able to open 3 deep book windows. A client with an allowance of 500 lines of market data will be able to open 5 unique deep book windows.
For details on how market data allowances are calculated, see the Market Data and News overview page on the IB website.
- When subscription deep book data is at its window limit, additional windows will display aggregated top level data, and the Deep Button panel will be hidden.
- By default, BookTrader uses specific colors to convey information. You can customize these colors by clicking the Configure button on the toolbar, and then selecting BookTrader Colors.
- The current Cumulative Bid and Ask sizes are displayed at the top of the Bid Size and Ask Size columns. To turn this feature off, use the Configure > Settings page.
- When the inside market (or last trade price) moves outside the display area, the ladder will automatically re-center on the inside market (or last trade price). When the user is scrolling the ladder using either the Up/Down arrow keys or the scrollbars, and the inside market (or last trade price) falls outside of the display area, auto-recentering will occur five seconds after the user has completed scrolling. This five-second time period is counted down visually using an optional animated progress bar which is configurable in the Re-center panel of the BookTrader Settings page.
- By default, clicking in any size field initiates an order. If the order hasn't filled and you click another size, the current unexecuted order is canceled and replaced with the new order. You can modify the way multiple same-side orders are handled from the Settings page in BookTrader configuration.
- You can open a blank BookTrader window by clicking the BookTrader icon on the trading toolbar. Use the Underlying field to initiate contract selection.