Open topic with navigation
Attach a Beta Hedge Order
Attach a Beta Hedge order to hedge a stock order with an ETF.
To attach a beta hedge order
- Create a buy or sell stock order.
- Right-click in the order line, and select Attach, then select Beta Hedge.
- Click the Attributes box in the Status field to show the hedge attributes on the inline editor.
- Enter a hedging contract, generally an ETF. The system beta of the stock relative to the selected ETF is calculated and displayed next to the hedging contract.
- Hold your mouse over the Beta icon to see the calculated estimated quantity of the hedging contract.
- If desired, adjust the beta by entering a new value in the User Beta field. The quantity of the child hedge order is recalculated.
- Click T to transmit the original order. The attached beta hedge is automatically transmitted.