Open topic with navigation
Use this feature to easily create orders to close all or a portion of one or multiple selected positions.
Electing to close all or some of a single position creates an order ready for transmission. Electing to close multiple positions opens the Close Position dialog box where you set filters, define the order type and more.
Close some or all of a single position
1. Select a position from your Portfolio.
2. Use the right-click menu to select Trade and then a percentage of the position(s) to close. This creates an order in the Order Entry panel (Mosaic) or in the Orders row (Classic).
3. Confirm order parameters and submit the order.
You can also select multiple orders and use the Close Position box to specify percentage of and types of positions and other filters. Elect to close multiple positions using a Limit, Market or Relative order type, or using an algorithmic order. NOTE: Algo orders are only supported for Limit and Market orders.
Close some or all of multiple positions
1. Select multiple positions from your Portfolio.
2. Use the right-click menu to select Trade and then select a percentage to close. This opens the Close Position dialog box.
3. Use Close Position fields to define the order parameters:
4. Click OK to create closing orders in the Orders panel (Mosaic) or Order line (Classic) for the selected instruments.
5. Check order parameters then transmit individual orders.