Open topic with navigation
Use the configuration page to set miscellaneous defaults such as automatic future rollover notification, audit trails and language settings.
To define general configuration settings
1. From the Mosaic menu select Global Configuration.
- From the Classic layout use the menu to select Global Configuration.
2. Click General in the left pane.
3. Use the right pane to set these parameters:
- - Check to keep the trading screen on top of all other active windows.
- - When checked, all futures data lines that are about to expire will be rolled to the lead month's futures contract. In addition, if you have orders on expiring contracts you will receive a message asking if you would like TWS to cancel those pending orders.
- - When checked, you can elect to view a condensed or extended version of your audit trail, which includes all trade activity for your account. Find the Audit Trail command under the TWS Account menu.
- - Instruct TWS to notify you when an order fills or a new FYI is available using a subtle, transparent notification pop up in the bottom right corner of your screen. This notice opens on top of your open desktop applications and is visible for ten seconds, but it doesn’t take focus away from your current task. If you want more details on the event, simply click the pop-up to be taken into the FYI or orders section of the tool.
- - For users who have multiple instances connected to different accounts, for example a production trading account and a paper account, check Display account number to show the number of the originating account.
P&L Time Zone
Note: Changes to P&L settings will not take effect until your next log in.
- - Resets the daily P&L on a per-instrument basis in accordance with the time zone in which the instrument trades. For instruments that open and close on the same day, the P&L is reset five minutes before midnight of the instrument's time zone. For instruments that trade across two days (through midnight), the P&L is reset five minutes before it opens for trading in the instrument's time zone.
- Use time zone of the device - Will use the time zone of the device to define the "start of day" for calculating daily P&L. Available only when Use instrument-specific reset time is disabled.
- Use specific time zone - Allows you to select a time zone that will be used to define the "start of day" for calculating daily P&L. Available only when Use instrument-specific reset time is disabled.
- Enter complete path to browser - Actions that require a browser will use your default browser unless you specify a different path here. Please note that any path or executable you enter here will not be checked, and if the application is compromised your system may be exposed to attack.
Language and Region
- Current Language - Displays the current TWS language. Click to choose another language. Click OK, then log out of TWS and log back in to activate the language change.
- Current region - Displays the current region. Use the dropdown list to change the region. Click OK, then log out of TWS and log back in to activate the language change.
- Enable keyboard entry on order lines - when checked, you can tab through an order line and modify field values without using your mouse. Each field becomes editable when you land in it, and the Enter key works like the left mouse click.