Open topic with navigation
Trade US Corporate Bonds
Use the US
Corporate Bonds scanner to find contracts to add to your trading
Add corporate bonds market data to your trading
- Enter an underlying symbol and
hit enter, then select the Bond instrument
from the selection list.
- In the Contract Selection box, use
the Maturity date, Issue Date and Coupon filter lists to narrow your
- Select the contract(s) from the right
pane and click OK.
If you want to add multiple contracts with different
maturities, click Add instead
of OK. This will add the selected contracts to your trading screen and
then allow you to select a different maturity date and add more contracts.
Click OK to close the box.
Market data for the bond is displayed on the trading page.
The following information is noted in the Description field of the market
- Instrument type - For treasuries. Labeled
as bond, note, or bill.
- Coupon - the interest rate used to calculate
the amount you will receive as interest payments over the course of
- Maturity date - the date on which the issuer
must repay the face value of the bond.
- CUSIP number - a nine-character ID for
a specific security.
- Bond rating - Identifies the credit rating
of the issuer. A higher credit rating generally indicates a less risky
investment. The bond ratings are from Moody's and S&P, respectively.
see contract details, double-click on a market data line.
Trade corporate bonds
- Click the Ask to create a BUY
order; click the Bid to create a SELL order.
- Click “T” to transmit the order.
a non-marketable limit order that meets or exceeds the best quote and
your order will be included in the market data shown to other IB customers.