Open topic with navigation
The Rebalance Window
Use the Rebalance window to assign application automatically creates orders to rebalance your portfolio based on target percentages you enter.
To rebalance your portfolio
- From the Trading Tools menu, select Rebalance Portfolio.
- The Rebalance Portfolio window shows three columns that are different from those on your trading screen:
- Deliverable Value - this is the deliverable value of the position. For stocks, this is the value of the stock, which is the same as the Market Value for the position shown in the Portfolio section of the Account window. For options, futures, and single stock futures (SSFs) it is the underlying stock or index value.
- Current % - this is the current signed percent of the position to your net liquidation value shown in the Balance section of the Account window. This figure is calculated by dividing the DLV by the NLV (Net Liq. Value).
- Rebalance % - use this field to enter a new percentage of the NLV that you want the position to have.
- In the Rebal % field for one or multiple positions, enter the percent of the Net Liquidation Value that you want the position to have.
- Click the Create Orders button to instruct the application to automatically create the orders to achieve the percent change.
- Use the Transmit All button to send all orders, or click "T" on an order line to transmit a single order.
Note: For options, the rebalance % is based on the value of the underlying stock prices.
To open positions from the Rebalance window
- Click Add Line from the buttons panel, and enter an underlying symbol into the blank row and hit Enter. Define the contract.
- Enter a value in the Rebal % column and click the Create Orders button.
- Transmit the order.